Distretto Turistico dei Laghi is named by Piedmont Region as a Touristic Hospitality and Promotion Local Agency for the area of Lake Maggiore, Lake Orta, Lake of Mergozzo and Ossola Valleys.
The Local Agencies represent a local organisation to support the activities of hospitality, information and touristic assistance operated by public and private members.
Distretto Turistico dei Laghi is a consortium with limited responsability, which hosts public (Municipalities, Districts and various Entity) and private members (touristic operators).
With more than three millions of tourists each year, over 70 % foreign, the area of Distretto Turistico dei Laghi is the most important international tourist destination of Piedmont.
The area of Distretto inclueds:
430 Extra Hotels
16.700 beds in hotels
27.429 beds in extra hotels
The complete statute (in italian language) of Distretto Turistico dei Laghi, Monti e Valli scrl is available here.
- we receive and communicate touristic information related to the local area, organising and coordinating the local touristic offices;
- we give assistance to the tourists, including the hotels/extrahotels, touristic services, entertainment and fun services booking;
- we promote and realize events dedicated to the development of the local touristic resources and events to attract tourists and boost their stay;
- we sensitize the operators, the local administrations and population to spread the hospitality touristic culture;
- we promote making proposals and special offers of the local operators.
28838 Stresa (VB)
Corso Italia, 18
Ph. +39 0323 30416
Fax + 39 0323 934335